Sunday, March 22, 2015

Re-post: Family and Friends on this Weight Loss Journey- 3/11/15

Bridgette's Skype topic had the group focus on social interactions and on how we handle our weight loss journey with those near and dear to us. 

Since recommitting myself to Weight Watchers, I have been avoiding as many social events as possible. I know the areas where I struggle and I have been trying to keep challenges to a minimum. Lately, I have used Lent as a means of taking my weight loss goals further because I gave up alcohol and going out to eat. I don't feel like my family or friends would pressure me to do something I don't want to but I feel like I do not want to set myself up for failure. 

I know I still have a long way to go. So what I say today may not apply in the future. 

With that said, I have kept my journey out of focus for friends and family. Those closest to me know I am on Weight Watchers but they do not know specifics about my journey (weight, total lost, pictures of before/after)...For some reason, I am not comfortable with sharing this part of me yet. Maybe farther along my journey I will be more willing to share it with others. 

I am always making adjustments and changes while on this journey. Only time will tell how I handle these situations in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment