Friday, August 21, 2015

Staying on track while on vacation!

Summer vacations are so much fun but they can also be a major source of anxiety and pressure when trying to lose weight. It's easy to say "I'll be really good as soon as I get back." And ya know what, if you can do that, good for you. 

Personally, I know that it is very hard for me to get back on track after being derailed during vacation. Once I'm out of my normal routine, it becomes much harder for me to get back on track!  

With this said, I have been working on gaining more control with each passing vacation. Back in July, I went to Wildwood for a long weekend. Did I stay on track? No, not entirely. Did I get as much activity as I typically prefer? No, not entirely. Was I as off track as I would normally be? No, not at all. I was happy with the successes I had but I knew there was room for improvement. 

Right now, I am typing this from my bedroom at my grandparents' house on Cape Cod. Below is the list of goals I set for myself in preparation for this vacation. 

These goals are SMART goals because they are realistic and not too restrictive. I am allowing myself to enjoy without going overboard! 

Next week, I am going on another trip. It will be full of even more temptations. I will allow myself to enjoy without overdoing it because all the good food doesn't taste as good as losing weight and getting healthy feels. 

I may not be where I want to be, but I'm certainly happy with how far I've come and with how I've changed many of my old habits and routines. 

I will update you on how my weigh-in goes Monday (wasn't home today, Friday, to weigh in on my scale) and I will update you after my trip to Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment