Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Importance of Loving Yourself!

This morning while I was perusing Instagram, I saw a few posts related to loving oneself.  People always talk about how they love their family and friends.. but rarely do people talk about loving themselves.

This post is not meant to be a lecture or a speech on how important it is to love yourself HOWEVER, I am realizing that this is such an important piece of everyone's weight loss journey.

We have all seen it before... Women who lose TONS of weight but still aren't happy with themselves.  Weight is only a number, there are so many things that actually measure self-worth.  It may be hard to ALWAYS see the best in ourselves but it is so important for us to feel good on the inside.

There are many reasons why I am on this journey but the number one reason has and always will be... ME: My health, my happiness, my overall well-being.

Now, I know I still have a long way to go on my journey but I'm happy to say that I have always loved myself.  There are times in my life when I feel more comfortable in my own skin but I am happy with the woman I have become.  This idea REALLY hit home for me today when I was looking at two pictures I took of myself.


My journey has not been easy, nor has it always gone in my favor, but I am so happy with where I am at this point.  Not only am I feeling great mentally and emotionally, I am loving the changes I am physically seeing with myself.

I compiled some recent pictures that are making me feel great about myself and are motivating me to continue on this journey.


***I am not trying to sound cocky or vain.  This is just a major motivation right now!!!

So remember to love yourself.  
Take the time to really appreciate the great qualities you possess.  Your weight is a number  It does NOT define you.  
It does NOT make you better or worse.  
Love what you stand for.  
Respect your body and mind.  
Take care of yourself.  
Reward yourself.  
LOVE YOU, FOR YOU, 
AS YOU ARE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE!

Remember, you are amazing!


 photo image.jpg4_1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment